So your kids are avid fans of several basketballers and follow them on TV. In fact, they've done so for a couple of years and can't wait to try their hands out in a real game.
If you notice that your child loves this sport and you'd like them to explore their interests, never make the mistake of allowing them to get involved in the wrong shoes.
There are different options when it comes to picking the right basketball shoes for your child but you might have a challenge with deciding what the best basketball shoes for kids are.
You should also know that going with the wrong footwear can cause injuries to your child. These shoes might look cool but they lack the right cushioning that your kids require while playing on the court.
That's why we've come up with a list of the most convenient sports shoes for your child. In this buying guide, we bring you some of the very best male or female sneakers.
Also, you’ll find a section to teach you the factors to consider before picking basketball shoes for your kid.
Best Ankle Braces For Basketball
OUR TOP PICK
The ASO ankle brace takes its rightful place among the most recommended braces and for good reason. This product offers you top value for your cash and I bet you will love its bilateral design that gives your leg a good fit while offering comfort.
It brings with it so many advantages that make it a top choice among professionals and amateurs alike.
One of the things I look for before picking an ankle brace is how much comfort it can provide. This ankle stabilizer has some of the best features and ensures that players can enjoy the game for long once they strap it around their feet.
It is designed with an elastic closure cuff to improve the level of support you get while maintaining its position. I also like the bilateral design that ensures it can fit any foot size, thanks to the stabilizing straps which form a figure 8 to support the ankle.
That way, your heels stay locked in and this lowers the risk of suffering an injury to your ankle. You’ll also notice that it is very much lightweight, thereby making it a good option for people who dislike bulkier gear.
This is one of the most recommended products when it comes to medical and lateral support. It also has a fantastic construction designed to improve its durability when compared to most ankle braces at related prices. The ballistic nylon material gives it a high level of comfort with superior strength. You will also like that you can count on this ankle brace if you have a minor sprain, thanks to its ability to provide therapeutic heat.
Keep in mind that you will have to do some break-in for the ballistic nylon material to get even more support and comfort advantages. Just a few days of using the ASO ankle brace and it becomes hard to notice that you have something around your feet. Take a look at ankle supporting basketball shoes too.
- Ballistic cuff closure
- Comes with ballistic nylon material
- Very comfortable on both feet
- Figure 8 stabilizing straps
- You’ll have to break it in
- Not the best for Achilles problems
- Stabilizing Straps form complete figure-eight to protect and support ankle
- Ballistic nylon boot provides superior durability and strength
- Elastic cuff closure enhances support and keeps laces and stabilizing straps secure
- Bilateral design so each size will fit left or right foot; Low profile to fit in any type of shoe
- Each ankle brace is sold separately; US manufacturing with higher quality control standards
Instead of fighting to get your ankle sprain healed so that you can get back to playing basketball, why not take steps to keep the injury from occurring at first? Sleeve Stars professional ankle brace gives you the perfect tool you need to kiss any kind of ankle sprains goodbye. If you notice you always get sprained, weak, or stiff ankles, you can turn to the plantar fasciitis brace for a solution.
That's because this product enhances blood circulation and I recommend it for anyone suffering any kind of foot injuries. It helps to improve your recovery time and reduces all kinds of discomfort such as pain.
You get amazing ankle support with the adjustable strap which gives you a customized fit. This is something that high-intensity players can benefit from.
The best part is you can wear this brace at any point in time. From playing outdoor sports and doing household chores to running and putting in long hours at work, this brace has got you covered. Hey, you can even wear it to sleep with no worries.
I also like the high-quality fabric construction that makes it impossible for the compression socks to absorb moisture from your feet. This helps to prevent bad odor and keeps your feet dry. Whether you are male, female, or just a child, just about anyone can use this ankle brace. The inner texture makes sure that you feel very soft when you put it on.
- Built for plantar fasciitis
- One-year warranty
- User-friendly, unisex model
- Very durable fabric
- Good wright and very durable
- Some blokes find it to be too tight
- ✅ SPEED UP RECOVERY: Provides great compression that helps improve blood circulation and eases pain from plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, Achilles heel, tendonitis, and other foot-related discomforts!
- ✅ FREE SUPPORT STRAP: For extra support, we designed an adjustable strap for customized compression. Great for stabilizing the foot during injuries and preventing new ones. The ankle brace keeps a snug fit during movement, which makes it great for intense sports like running, volleyball baseball, basketball, and football.
- ✅ WHEREVER YOU NEED IT: Whether you have a long day at work, are out for a run or weightlifting at the gym, our ankle support is comfortable enough to be worn anywhere. The thin yet supportive material makes it easy to wear in your favorite slippers or running shoes! For Both Women and Men.
- ✅ SUPER PREMIUM QUALITY: Our sleeves are made with the highest quality fabric that is quick at absorbing sweat and keeps your feet dry and odor-free. The inner texture of the fabric gives you a smooth and soft-touch feel.
- ✅ BUY IT NOW AND FEEL THE DIFFERENCE INSTANTLY – Our foot sleeve is the BEST SELLER on Amazon for a Reason! 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE. One Size Fits All, Unisex Model. Every purchase comes with a ONE-YEAR HASSLE-FREE WARRANTY and friendly customer service provided by Sleeve Stars.
Are you a high-intensity player that has a thing for driving and cutting during games? You might want to take a look at these ankle braces as they are specially built for you.
The SNEINO ankle brace ensures that your ankle sides get the right amount of pressure and compression. This means that you can benefit from a very high level of vertical support and this is possible because it has size stabilizers.
It is common to experience acute muscle fatigue or swelling whenever you suffer an ankle sprain. But this ankle brace is designed in a way that helps you continue playing until the end of the game.
You might not even feel any discomfort until the game is over. One thing I like about the product is the contoured arch design that is very effective and makes these braces integrate well with basketball shoes.
To get the most effective results, all you have to do is wear them beneath your pair of socks.
- Available in different sizes
- Double spring steels
- Great stability and support
- 360° ankle support
- A few buyers feel it's quite complicated to understand how the product works
- 💗 【THIS ANKLE BRACE IS A DISTINGCTIVE DESIGN 】 - SNEINO upgraded 360 degrees around the ankle support, stability, stronger support. It made of neoprene, elastic, durable and breathable and comfortable quick-drying characteristics. So you can wear ankle stabilizer comfortable to spend the day. For women men and children.
- 💗【GREAT STABILITY TO YOUR ANKLE】- On both sides of the ankle stabilizer, there are two spring steels to enhance ankle support stability. Besides, the ankle support is designed with 2 stabilizing straps to enhance ankle stability. Ankle Brace For women men and children.
- 💗【RELIEVE YOUR PAIN & COMFORTABLE ANKLE BRACE】- SNEINO ankle brace with reinforced side stabilizers and contoured arch design quickly reduces pain and pressure on the ankle. ankle brace for women men.Orthopedist recommend the ankle support for ankle injury recovery.
- 💗【CHOOSE THE SIZE THAT SUITS YOU MORE 】-- Because not all feet are the same. So we designed an adjustable lace-up ankle support. In order to adapt to the soles of various shapes and sizes. Remember, our size is based on regular shoe size. But each ankle support can be adjusted to fit your position. If your size is somewhere in between. Please choose a smaller size for additional compression. Choose a larger size to reduce compression.
- 💗【NO-RISK, HIGH RETURN】- we ensure your 100% satisfied with the product and service proud. If you are not satisfied with the purchase experience. Or the product does not meet your expectations and does not match the description. Please contact us and tell us how to solve the problem! We will replace your item or give you a 100% refund. With such a service, you don't need to worry more!
Next on the list is another product that comes with a really cool design. The A60 ankle brace helps people that suffer from chronic ankle instabilities, as well as those who want to stay safe from injuries. The manufacturer created this brace to support athletes by incorporating a stabilizer for the ankle sides.
The stabilizer is placed at an angle of 60° to keep players safe from rollovers and sprains. It also comes with other interesting features that I know you will like too.
The Breath-O-Prene fabric of the A60 ensures that your feet remain dry and cool. I think this is a sort of huge innovation and its design boosts your game on the basketball court. You don't have to battle with laces that can be time-consuming because the A60 brace comes with just one strap.
The application is easy and the strap secures it in place. You also don't have to worry about too much weight because this brace has a lightweight design. The best part is that it can blend into your footwear without much hassle.
You can buy any size depending on what you prefer. It comes in small, as well as medium and large sizes. It also has water resistance properties and its universal design means that both males and females can wear it. Keeping the brace clean shouldn’t be a problem as all you have to do is just some light washing.
- Lightweight and low profile
- Available for both feet
- Single strap, no lacing system
- Great for bending and normal dorsiflexion
- You may buy the wrong size fitting if not careful
- Provides a mild level of support, making it ideal for individuals suffering from chronic ankle instabilities or those looking to prevent an ankle injury
- Incorporates a stabilizer located on either side of the ankle, which is molded at a 60-degree angle to help guard against ankle sprains and rollovers
- Supports the weakest point of the ankle, yet allows for normal dorsiflexion and plantar-flexion (bending)
- A single strap replaces time-consuming lacing, making it easy to apply; Features Breath-O-Prene fabric which enables your foot to stay cool and dry during use. Lightweight
- Low-profile structure allows for minimal bulk while wearing shoes; Universal design is intended for both men and women - Breathable fabric provides cool and dry comfort
This is just the weapon you need to keep yourself free of injuries. Thanks to the compression support sleeve from POWERLIX, you now have an ankle brace that gives you total protection along with some other desirable features. When you use them, you get equal pressure on both sides of your ankles.
This is a great ankle brace for anyone experiencing swelling and sprains, as well as arthritis, plantar fasciitis, and other types of ankle problems. I recommend this ankle brace for people battling Achilles tendonitis.
The compression fabric is well-ventilated and also has a tight fit to make your feet stable. What you have here is an ankle brace that enhances blood flow to reduce all types of ankle-related pains.
A four-way compression sleeve is embedded into this special fabric to provide softness and smoothness.
This means you should experience an improvement in how you perform when you use this compression knee sleeve from POWERLIX. I also noticed that this brace does not make you itchy in contrast with the neoprene supports. By keeping your feet odorless, sweat-free, and dry, you can wear them for as long as you want.
- High-performance Achilles tendon brace
- Great aesthetics
- Injury reduction, ideal for tough workouts
- Provides relief, comfort, and support
- Performance enhancement
- Some buyers say it feels a bit heavy at first
- PHENOMENAL PROTECTION: PowerLix ankle braces apply even pressure across your ankle joint, which provides ultimate pain relief from a variety of ailments including plantar fasciitis, arthritis, sprains, swelling, tendonitis, muscle fatigue, and other ankle pain. With our sleeves, you’ll be able to tackle any activity life throws your way while ensuring you’re a step ahead in injury prevention! PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT OUR SIZING CHART AND FIND THE BEST SIZE FOR YOU!
- PUSH YOURSELF TO THE LIMIT!: Our ankle supports are the perfect fit for any activity requiring ankle movement, including Baseball, Basketball, Soccer Golf, Hiking, Running, Tennis, Volleyball and more! You’ll be able to enjoy exceptional ankle support while still maintaining your peak performance and a full range of leg motion!
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Our ankle sleeves are manufactured to provide superior support, comfort, and relief without compromising your mobility. Tight, form-fitting and breathable compression fabric maintains joint stability regardless of activity, helps improve blood circulation and eases pain from heel spurs, Achilles tendon heel etc., while avoiding the itchiness common to neoprene supports. Quick at absorbing sweat and keeps your feet dry and odor free, gives you hours of continuous use!
- BREATHTAKING DESIGN & PERFECT FIT: Whether you’ve got meaty ankles, or are a little bit slender, we’ve got a fit for you with the Special knitted technical design that matches different joints. The beautiful design of the sleeves in blue & black makes you look fashionable anywhere anytime. The special fabric gives you a smooth and soft feel so you can wear them all day long!
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE- We truly want you to be happy with your new ankle braces and our professional customer service will do whatever it takes to ensure your satisfaction we are offering a 6-month guarantee, no questions asked.
Best Ankle Braces For Basketball Buying Guide
I gave you 5 of the most recommended ankle braces above but it's up to you to decide what product can solve your needs best.
The information in this section provides you with everything you need to know about choosing the best ankle brace for basketball. You will also find an FAQ section that answers some of the most asked questions concerning choosing ankle braces. So let's get started on the areas to analyze before choosing a brace:
You know how delicate your ankles are which is why supporting them during games like basketball is a priority. Many coaches recommend that players use ankle braces whether or not they’ve suffered an injury in the past. You might want something bulkier if you have a serious injury case as this lowers your risk of suffering another injury after recovery. You will find ankle braces that take care of particular pain spots such as high ankle sprains.
That's why you need to know what you want to tackle before buying a product. You can ask your doctor for help if you have severe injuries and cannot seem to find the right ankle brace for your case. Medical experts can help with great suggestions.
Compression & Support
You have a lot to benefit from ankle braces that provide a certain level of compression. That means your muscles and joints get the kind of support that they need.
Another benefit is that the right level of compression enhances the flow of oxygen and blood to vital areas. With this knowledge, you should also know that different individuals have varying requirements and this has to do with their favorite playing positions most of the time.
You can get maximum protection from a rigid ankle brace but others may require braces that provide moderate support levels and greater flexibility.
The configuration of straps is most times in figure 6 or 8. Some ankle braces are designed with a strap to provide better protection and higher compression. Figure 6 straps are best for lateral movement security and are a great option for players who have a tendency to roll their ankles and suffer sprains. But a figure 8 strap gives you total maximum compression.
Fit & Material
Don't just go for the first ankle brace that you see on the market. You want something with the right material and size and that's because you need the highest possible ventilation you can get for your feet.
Neoprene or fabric is used to create many of the ankle braces you see. But I recommend fabric braces if you intend to wear then the whole day because they ensure that your feet stay cool.
But in the case of neoprene ankle braces, you get the benefit of therapeutic heat from its heavy-duty material. So, regardless of how much you spend buying these products, you get no value whatsoever as long as they cannot provide comfort.
Having very tight braces means sacrificing blood circulation. Wearing very loose wraps means less protection for your foot and more risk of sliding or shifting. You can go for adjustable braces as many basketball players find them convenient to customize. Do not rush but take your time to adjust and get the right fit from your ankle brace.
Durability & Pricing
Durability is one important factor that you mustn't overlook in deciding what product to go with. Since you know how construction and materials affect the value of a product, you need to take time to consider how durable your preferred ankle brace is.
The more the material that goes into the construction, the better the durability. You also need to consider the price ranges before buying. Always have a budget before you go shopping and find one that offers the best value within your estimate.
Your focus should be getting value for your money and not about buying the most expensive ankle brace.
Best Ankle Brace For Basketball FAQs
Should basketball players wear ankle braces?
Of course, the ankle brace is important and this is why many basketball players use them. They help to keep you safe from common basketball injuries and also prevent them from reoccurring. These braces work to your benefit by protecting your ankle joints.
Do ankle braces slow you down?
Some ankle braces can improve your performance by keeping your joints locked in. But some athletes prefer to tape their ankles, saying it makes them feel lighter and allows them to jump better. This could be true because some braces are heavier and may slow your performance a bit.
Is it bad to wear an ankle brace all day?
For the purpose of treatment and rehabilitation, your doctor may recommend that you wear your braces all day while carrying out routine tasks. This helps to prevent the reoccurrence of injuries and keeps your legs stable.
How long do ankle braces last?
Ankle braces can last up to 24 months or more depending on how often you use them. The higher the intensity of activities you engage in, the lower the lifespan of your braces.
Choosing the best ankle brace for basketball
There are different reasons that you might want to buy an ankle brace. You may be looking to avoid reactivating past injuries.
You might also want to keep your ankles as safe as possible so that you don't suffer any basketball-related injuries. It could also be that you sprained your ankle and need some sort of support. Whatever your reason, you understand how important ankle braces are.
If you fail to use the right braces for your ankles, you'll only be putting yourself at risk. So, use this buying guide and my review of 5 recommended products to find one that suits your needs best.
Feel free to drop your questions in the comments section and I’ll get to them with satisfactory answers.