How will you like to prepare for the next game by protecting yourself with a highly effective knee brace for basketball? That's a great idea but most players find it difficult to decide what knee brace is best for them.
Knee braces help to keep you comfortable and improve your flexibility on the basketball court. They also ensure that you stay free of common basketball injuries. But when choosing a product, you need to take into consideration some factors that help you decide whether or not you are getting quality.
If you are a basketball lover just like myself, you already know the importance of getting the best knee brace for basketball.
Sports gear comes in different kinds and shapes but the problem has to do with trusting new models to perform. That is why I've come up with this review of the best knee braces. I've done all the research necessary and brought you 5 most recommended products on the market.
You’ll also find the buying guide for beginners to help you understand the factors to consider when buying knee braces.
Best Knee Brace For Basketball
This product is popular among basketball lovers and we've seen a high demand for the Shock Doctor knee brace. The 875 Ultra is one of the favorites because of its bilateral hinges that ensure you get as much knee support as is necessary. There are many reasons to buy this knee brace and I'll tell you about them below.
Playing basketball can put so much pressure on your knees, especially if you spend so much time on the court. Many coaches now recommend the Shock Doctor knee brace for patella-related injuries like the jumper’s knee.
Its bilateral dual hinges improve how much comfort your knees get during a game of basketball. I also like the high-quality material that ensures your knees get adequate compressive support. So, you are sure to experience improved blood circulation and a faster healing process.
The 875 Ultra also comes with side stabilizers that are designed to help your knee joints move naturally. This is the best way to manage how much pressure your kneecaps receive. Your ligaments get adequate protection from all kinds of impact. That way, the risk of suffering tears in your soft tissues is reduced to the barest minimum. This product gives you substantial value for your money and is a top recommendation for basketball lovers.
Another benefit that you get from using the Shock Doctor knee brace is its ability to keep out moisture and bad odor. You will find that the N-Tex neoprene material of the brace helps in the wicking of moisture. This means that you get adequate bacterial growth prevention necessary to fight against irritation and malodor. You won't go wrong if you decide to buy the 875 Ultra from Shock Doctor.
Despite the fact that all seems to be well with this product, I want to point out one area of concern that I feel could be better. This has to do with standard sizes. Finding a size that is perfect for your knees can be difficult sometimes.
This has been the case with some buyers who placed their orders the first time. They eventually had to get a smaller size brace.
- Very flexible and durable
- Hastens the healing process by improving blood circulation
- You get great insulation and comfort for your knees with advanced compression
- The four ways lycra helps to coordinate your knees naturally
- Advanced integrated side-stabilizers
- Quite on the high side
- Finding the perfect fit might be a challenge
- Kindly refer the sizing image before buying this product
- MOISTURE AND ODOR PREVENTION - Antimicrobial and airflow vented tech to reduce odor, bacteria, and moisture, so you can stay comfortable through the toughest days and workouts
- BOOST MOVEMENT AND COMFORT - Heavy duty bilateral dual hinges provide support while allowing you to move comfortably with four-way stretch Lycra mesh and pre-curved anatomical design, fits left and right knee
- PREMIUM MATERIALS - Latex-free, premium stitching, and integrated flexible side stabilizers, stays in place and includes easy grip tabs for accurate fitting
- LIFTS AND COMPRESSES - Compression supports soft tissue, joint alignment and relief, and boosts therapeutic heat for improved blood flow which aids in healing tendon and muscle
When mentioning some of the top brands in the sports gear industry, POWERLIX is one that stands out. This manufacturer is one of the best sellers when it comes to braces for knees and elbows.
For a long time, its knee sleeve has made the Amazon best sellers list and for good reason. You can get this product in different sizes and rest assured that you’ll get maximum protection for your knees. This product stands out because of its muscle support prowess that helps to boost injury recovery.
If you want to stay safe from injuries and get extra support while playing basketball, you can count on the POWERLIX compression knee sleeve. I love the style and quality materials that make you feel like a pro when you pair them with your basketball shorts. In terms of cost and value, you get what you pay for. In the world of ACL recovery braces, POWERLIX promotes this product for basketball players. When using this product, you will experience superior support and great comfort for your knees.
Apart from its impressive sweat absorption and breathability, you also get a money-back guarantee. This means you are covered on all fronts when it comes to quality and durability. So, that tells you how much value this product offers.
- Money-back guarantee
- Anti-slip system
- Well ventilated with great knee support
- Premium quality and multiple sizing
- You might experience some pinching from the product
- Size chart's way off
- PHENOMENAL PROTECTION: PowerLix Knee brace apply stable pressure across your knee joint. Offers optimal muscle support between workouts and during casual everyday activities. With our sleeve, you’ll be able to tackle any activity life throws your way!
- PUSH YOURSELF TO THE LIMIT!: Our Knee support is perfect for any activity that involves a great amount of stress on the joints like, Baseball, Basketball, Soccer Golf, gym, Hiking, Running, Tennis, Volleyball and more!
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Our Knee sleeve is manufactured to provide superior support and comfort without compromising your mobility. Tight and breathable compression fabric maintains joint stability regardless of activity
- BREATHTAKING DESIGN & ANTI-SLIP SYSTEM: Special knitted technical design with two silicone gel strips, ensuring your sleeve stays always put, no matter what you do! The beautiful design of the sleeve makes you look fashionable anywhere anytime.
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE- We truly want you to be happy with your new Knee brace and our professional customer service will do whatever it takes to ensure your satisfaction we are offering a 6-month guarantee, no questions asked.
Here is yet another product that I considered worthy to be on the list of best knee brace for basketball. Exous created a product that stabilizes the knee joint and helps to improve recovery from injuries. This knee brace offers maximum protection and support and you will find it to be very comfortable. There are other qualities that users love about the product.
It comes with a 4-way compression system that is very unique and provides all-round knee hugs. So, you get medial and lateral support which should keep your weak knee stable for long.
Many braces that I've seen have 2-3 straps but this one has 4 and that's because the manufacturers want to keep your knees secured while ensuring the right fit. If you have jumper's knee pain or patellar tendon pain, the Exous knee brace can help with its dual stabilizing straps. You have a product that helps you achieve kneecap stability.
You don't have to worry about making steady adjustments or readjustments as the knee brace will stay in place once you set it up. I also like the top-quality material that is not only well-ventilated but gets rid of excess moisture and heat.
That means you have the guarantee of your skin staying fresh at all times. I recommend this product if you have an injury and need a way to heal fast through knee stability.
- Refund promise
- 4-way grip compression
- Flexible knee protector
- Helps eliminate knee pain
- Custom-fit is easily achieved
- May not be the most affordable for some buyers
- UNIQUE 4-WAY SUPPORT -'Hugs' your knee from every angle giving lateral and medial support and a sense of real stability for weak knees. Two dedicated patella straps give patella tendon and jumpers knee pain relief and helps stabilize the knee cap
- CONFIDENCE & IMPROVED MOBILITY - The special design keeps the knee brace in place meaning less irritaion less adjusting and real 'functional support throughout the day. ** fitting max calf size 16-18 inches MAX UPPER THIGH 20 INCHES (measure 3" above knee) **
- FOR RUNNING & SPORT - STAYS IN PLACE BETTER - Typical generic knee braces have only 2 or 3 straps they often move and slip almost in minutes making them very annoying and almost useless for sport or to exercise with Enjoy added comfort and LESS SLIPPING with the 4 point strap system ** fitting max calf size 16-18 inches MAX UPPER THIGH 20 INCHES (measure 3" above knee) **
- ALL DAY COMFORT AND PAIN RELIEF - Our brand mission is 'different by design' we designed this from the ground up proud to have over 1100 positive reviews form helping you to get up stair cases, playing a game of tennis and even helping you complete a run with less pain. Read the comprehensive reviews and see how this knee brace may be right for you ** fitting max calf size 16-18 inches MAX UPPER THIGH 20 INCHES (measure 3" above knee) **
- ☞ LOVE IT OR YOUR MONEY BACK - What we know based on over 2 years of sales and thousands of happy customers is that if you fit within the size guide, we are confident this is the best support you will get for your knee. If you feel it's not for you contact us directly and we will look after you no matter what. Join thousands of happy customers that have seen the EX-701 improve their quality of life - fitting: max calf size 16-18 inches MAX UPPER THIGH 20 INCHES (measure 3" above knee)
This is one manufacturer that deserves its place on the list of best knee brace makers. Crucial Compression gives you a special product that offers value for what you pay. This product offers great support for any problems related to your knees and is available in a pair.
You will experience long-lasting, superb compression to boost endurance even under pressure. The results are impressive and what you have here is a recovery booster, thanks to the compression sleeves that absorb all sprains and shocks.
The manufacturer has a reputation for creating only quality products, so quality and durability are at the highest level. In terms of cost and value, not too many products out there can offer you as much satisfaction as this one. At its price, I consider it a steal.
Stability and comfort are both guaranteed as this pair is arguably the most comfortable that you can find around. These knee sleeves come with a dual grip design to ensure that they do not slip off your knees. For regular basketball players, this should be a great choice. Added to the innovative dual grip design is the fact that you can wear them for as long as you want with zero irritation.
- Guaranteed perfect fit
- Multiple sizing with zero slip design
- Sweat-resistant and lightweight
- Instant stability with quick action
- Sections with more flab get low support
- Some buyers find the dual grip to be too tight
- INSTANT SUPPORT AND STABILITY - You will feel the difference immediately. Get fast pain relief with less swelling, soreness, and stiffness. Our Power Support technology improves blood circulation and heats your muscles, getting more oxygen and less lactic acid build up so you can perform better, recover faster, and prevent injury. Experience our compression knee brace sleeves and get back to doing what you love!
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND BREATHABLE - Some compression sleeves are too hot, too restrictive, or too bulky. Why settle for anything less than the best? Our Premium ComfortFlex design provides a comfortable, snug, ergonomic fit without cutting off your circulation or restricting your motion. Our quality is unmatched with a surprisingly soft feel that is comfortably snug.
- "NO-SLIP" DOUBLE GRIP - Stopping to pull your knee sleeves back up is frustrating to say the least. With our unique Double Silicone Grip your sleeves stay in place without sliding down no matter what you're doing. And they don't bunch up behind your knees, so you can even wear them underneath your clothing. Now you're finally free to enjoy your favorite activity uninterrupted.
- INCREDIBLE RESULTS - With unmatched support and durability, you will love our knee compression sleeves - we guarantee it. Top quality double stitching and long lasting construction that won't lose compression over time, whether you're running a half marathon, playing your favorite sport, or just getting through your day - without the nagging pain. Grab a few pairs for yourself or as the perfect gift idea for anyone who would love a little extra knee support.
- 100% "PERFECT FIT" GUARANTEE - Your comfort is our passion! Use our size chart to choose the best fit. If you are not completely satisfied with your compression sleeves, return them for a full refund or replacement. No questions asked. We stand behind the quality of our products and are confident you will LOVE your knee sleeves.
If you need an effective way to get rid of knee pain, you can count on the knee support from Tech Ware. This one is different from other products you find on the market because it comes with four flexible spring stabilizers.
This means you get improved protection for your knees and greater stability. The manufacturer fused quality with innovative technology and that's what makes this knee brace stand out.
You don't have to worry about performance as this one takes care of your knees while you engage in fun basketball games.
The moisture-wicking neoprene is well-ventilated and it also comes with silicone strips designed to stay in place without slipping. So, these braces offer uniformity in compression. I also like the open patella design that guarantees knee cap compression, as well as support. This makes it easier for knee injuries to heal, especially around the tendon areas.
You will experience no inconveniences with knee support. Tech Ware Pro also provides relief from pain resulting from conditions like tendonitis, bursitis, arthritis, and tears. It also has a gel pad to help with swells and inflammation.
With this product, you benefit from better performance and knee mobility. Buying this knee support means you also benefit from its versatility as it comes in different sizes.
- Uniform compression
- Gel pad helps with swells and inflammation
- Very versatile
- Open patella design
- The brace support may feel too soft for some users
- ADJUSTABLE UNIQUE BiDIRECTIONAL SUPPORT Alternating Strong Closures Stabilize Patella to Reduce Knee Pain. Others Have Straps on One Side Which Provide Uneven Support. PLEASE MEASURE Circumference Around Knee and Thigh for PROPER FIT (see Sizing Chart Image). Choose from 4 Sizes - Medium, Large, Extra Large and XXLarge. Mens, Ladies & Youth.
- OPEN PATELLA DESIGN For Support and Compression Around the Kneecap and Tendon Areas to Heal Knee Injuries. Also 4 Flexible Spring Stabilizers Provide Better Knee Cap Protection and Stability.
- BREATHABLE MOISTURE WICKING LIGHTWEIGHT NEOPRENE AND NO SLIP SILICONE STRIPS Ensures That Compression is Comfortable, Uniform and Stays in Place for Any Physical Activity.
- COMFORTABLE SUPPORT PAIN RELIEF From Tears, Arthritis, Bursitis and Tendonitis. Gel Pad Helps with Inflammation and Swelling. Better Knee Mobility and Exercise Performance.
- MAXIMUM SUPPORT for Runners Knee. If Your Game is Basketball, Football, Tennis, Volleyball, Weightlifting, Skiing, Running, Jogging, Walking, Hiking, Wrestling, Yoga, Gymnastics, Squats, Baseball, Martial Arts, Golf, Hockey, Dance, Soccer, Crossfit, Powerlifting, Gym Workouts, Cycling or Any Sports Activities.
Best Knee Brace For Basketball Buying Guide
If you are a beginner, it can be difficult to find the right knee braces and sleeves. but having the right information and knowing what to look for can help you make the right buying decision. First, you need to know the types of braces.
Types of braces
Your search for the right knee braces will reveal to you that they come in four basic kinds that offer a wide range of advantages –
Highly recommended for contact sports enthusiasts. That’s because they lower how severe an injury to the ligament is. They also reduce how much stress the medial collateral ligament experiences during activity.
It helps to promote knee stability. This is because ACL injuries can cause your knees to become unstable but these braces provide extra support and secure your knees from more damage while you move them.
You should use these if you have medial compartment knee arthritis. That's because they help to take away most of the stress from your joints and they do this by inducing thigh bone pressure alternatively.
Mostly recommended being worn for several weeks post-injury or surgery. That’s because they help to promote healing by keeping the knees stable while giving room for slight movement. Rehabilitative braces also reduce the risk of suffering injuries in the future.
Padded vs unpadded?
What kind of knee pads should you buy? Should you go for a padded or unpadded? As a basketball player come on any of these will serve you quite well. Standard sleeves prevent scripts and friction burns for players who have to dive for loose balls.
You get more protection and comfort if you use padded sleeves as they secure you from impacts and shocks. If you are the kind of player that has to cut through traffic or fight for rebounds, you might encounter sudden crashes and you need protection.
Factors to consider before buying a basketball knee brace
You want to consider the material as one of the first things before spending your cash. Some materials have more elasticity while others come with shock-absorbing, high-density foam padding. But your interest should be in a knee brace or pad that offers you the most comfort. Verify that it is well-ventilated and guarantees zero irritation from moisture. You also want something flexible.
One of the best ways to Improve how fast an injury heals is to go for a knee brace or pad with the right compression. This helps to enhance the flow of blood. At the same time, it helps to keep the tissues and ligaments very comfortable so that they do not get injured even further. Before paying for a knee brace, verify that it has the right compression.
Size & fit
Keep in mind that you will find a wide range of sizes for knee braces on the market. The sizes range from small to large and that’s to meet the needs of kids and adults alike. Small size braces offer a tighter compression but you will get more comfort padding from bigger braces. But remember that you want a product that offers you the best in terms of comfort. That's why you should always go for the right size.
Never underestimate the importance of going for a flexible knee brace as this is what dictates how you move. You don't want to opt for very tight pads as they limit your movement on the court. Also, overly padded or bulky knee braces can weigh you down. Always try out your knee pads or braces before bringing them to a basketball game.
Best Knee Brace For Basketball FAQs
What are the worst injuries in basketball?
Very bad injuries can bring an end to the career of a player. Some of the worst injuries include torn ACL, fractured kneecaps, back injuries, foot injuries, and leg injuries.
Is basketball bad for your knees?
The benefits of basketball are well-established because they help your lungs and heart. But the truth is that the game can affect your knees since you have to turn, twist, start, and stop suddenly. To be on the safer side, you can play a light game with friends rather than being too competitive. Also, knee braces and ankle braces can help.
Can you play basketball with a knee brace?
If you combine a knee brace with a strong lower body, you will rarely experience injuries no matter how intense the basketball game gets. Make use of knee braces or sleeves to keep yourself safe from knee injuries.
Why do players ice their knees?
One of the best ways to improve artery and vein contraction is through icing. Players ice their knees because it slows blood flow, helps in cases of swelling, and takes care of the inflammation. This is especially important for basketball players that play regularly.
This is where I call it a wrap on my review of the best knee brace for basketball. Knee braces help to keep you comfortable and improve your flexibility on the basketball court. They also ensure that you stay free of common basketball injuries.
This collection includes five of the most recommended knee braces on the market. I hope this informative guide helps you pick the right one for your playing needs. But remember to go for a knee brace or sleeve that is very comfortable.